Friday, February 6, 2009

20 websites to check out

I just ran across someone's list of the 50 best websites of 2008, and cut it down to 20 that I am excited to check out or just have up my sleeve. I thought I'd share!

1. tripkick.com (tips on best hotel rooms)
2. seatguru.com (tips on best airplane seats)
3. wikitravel.com (travel tips)
4. afrigadget.com (things Africans are making and inventing)
5. seriouseats.com (foodie website)
6. mapjack.com (like Google maps street views, only better)
7. mint.com (financial planning)
8. picnik.com (photos)
9. searchme.com (web search that shows images of webpages)
10. tinyurl.com (convert any long URL into a short one)
11. cylinders.library.ucsb.edu/index.php (early 20C music)
12. hulu.com (TV shows)
13. imeem.com (music)
14. ffffound.com (random images)
15. colourlovers.com (color palettes)
16. apartmenttherapy.com (home decor)
17. freerice.com (word challenges for free rice, plus I like the colors-- copy for SoG website?)
18. kiva.com (micro-loans)
19. wikisky.com (images of comets, galaxies, nebula)
20. lookybook.com (this is for you, Krista-- free previews of children's books)

No comments: