Arizona Girl's Attack Sheds Light on Rape in Liberia
(CNN, 7/29/09)
This is a sad, sad story-- an 8 year old Liberian girl gang-raped by 4 Liberian boys (the oldest was 14) in Phoenix. But I think the saddest line in the whole article may be this:
A United Nations report estimates that about 70 percent of all fighters in the conflict [the 14 year Liberian civil war] were younger than 18...
Pray for all those children who were forced to carry arms, pillage, kill, and rape. Pray for the brave people and organizations who are working to rehabilitate them.
Sorry that this blog is so much gloom and doom. I guess these are the things that catch my eye and snag my heart. On the homefront I have all kinds of happy and fun things to write about-- once I surface from this crazy month of work and packing up the house. By Sunday I should be sitting in a window seat with a beach view, in Oregon!
.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment