Monday, May 11, 2009

two things that are rocking my music world

A few months ago I bought Jon Foreman's Spring/Summer/Winter/Fall EPs as a birthday gift for J, and then had them sitting in my closet for a few months where of course I couldn't listen to them. Finally J's birthday arrived and we have both been listening to them a lot the last week (so nice to have a husband who mostly likes the same stuff I do!). They are awesome stuff!!

Also, my friend Carolyn (who has introduced me to lots of great music over the years) was here over the weekend and told me about Pandora.com, and all I can think is "Why did I never know about this before??" It is not only free internet radio, but it is incredibly nifty-cool personalized free internet radio-- you put in a song or artist that you like, and then the Music Genome Project (so they call it) picks songs for you. You can pause and skip songs, and so far it's been a ton of fun and a great way to discover new music!

So if you haven't heard Jon Foreman plug him into Pandora and see if you like it!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Wow, you'd never heard of Pandora? Sorry we didn't tell you about it! It's lovely!