Lately I’ve been noticing something: life is good. The last two weekends I’ve spent good chunks of time gazing at art and reveling in nature, and have been moved to awe and tears and pure joy at the beauty of the world. I’ve been wanting to eat everything in sight (and cook til I drop)—everything just tastes so good. Music amazes me (we just discovered Jon Foreman of Switchfoot fame’s EPs fall/winter/spring/summer—awesome stuff) and I’ve been writing more fluidly than I have in I don’t know how long. This is helpful because I have a book deadline in less than a month (book I’m writing with my boss, first draft is due June 1 and final draft Sept 1!!)—but I’ve even written a couple poems in the last couple weeks. (Lots of work to do still before I’ll let anyone read those!) What is this strange creativity that is bubbling up everywhere??
I’m sure it has a lot to do with the thaw (finally!) of the weather here in Boston—blue skies and flowering trees do wonders for the soul. But more than that I think I’m feeling good. Okay, I am not totally clear of pain, exhaustion, and occasional bad attitude tantrums, but things are definitely getting better. The fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue that have been hanging around the last 2 years—maybe longer?—have left me feeling like the “old” me is something of a long-lost distant acquaintance. So it’s nice to have that gal (the one who feels like living life!!) around more.
I should mention that I've also been feeling like photographing everything in sight! We've just had two really great weekends and the pictures probably tell the stories better than I could here. So click your way on over to picasaweb.google.com/joelandallison and check out the photo albums of Joel's birthday weekend in Providence (this weekend) and our beautiful day hanging out in downtown Boston last weekend-- and the Art in Bloom album, if you want to see lots and lots of pictures of flowers. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment