What, you say?
I arrived in Botswana today and am here for a grand total of 4 days and 3 nights, for a technical meeting. I haven't had a good night's sleep in 2 nights owing to the trip and jetlag, and right now I am longing to go to sleep (it's a bit past midnight) but I have this document that I have to get ready for tomorrow that I was supposed to finish on the plane on the way over except that my battery doesn't last that long and it's taken way longer than expected...
Anyway, some of this document is quite interesting, such as these fun billboard slogans from Lesotho (and yes, the cabbage billboard really did have a picture of a nice big green cabbage on it-- I'll try to post a picture at some point)
Set an example, have one partner.
Lovers are like cabbage, they cling close to one another. Let’s all be like cabbages.
To have multiple partners is not a solution to one’s problems. Talk to your Partner. Get the most satisfying love making.
Refuse to have relationships with old men.
Refuse to have relationships with old women.
Don’t be like pumpkin, and spread your vines all over.
(But isn't it weird that vegetable terms actually are terms of endearment-- "pumpkin" in the US, "little cabbage" in French? Weird.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment