I have been in the Washington, DC area for nearly a week and away from J for nearly 3 days, and it is getting really old and I am really missing him. As much as I love the girlfriend I am sharing a palatial hotel room with, and all the wonderful colleagues I get to see at the conference, they don't begin to make up for not being with my husband.
So I'm feeling more aware than usual today what an incredible man I have in my life, and what a beautiful thing marriage is, and how blessed I am-- and reading this love song of another woman to the husband she just lost is making me cry. I am no movie star, and I am not sure J and I are quite that larger-than-life (reading about her husband's huge energy actually made me pretty tired)... and I certainly cannot say we are the type to never raise our voices at each other... but I resonated so deeply with her words about feeling that she was the luckiest woman alive, and that of all the people who have ever lived her husband would be the one she would want to be stuck in an elevator with.
Her beautiful words are definitely worth reading (get your tissue ready).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment